We have had a frigid introduction to Spring this year and it is getting really, really old. To brighten the mood inside our home we came up with this salad and have already reinvented it twice this week! We are excited to share it well into the Summer with our friends and family and can imagine it pairing well with many dishes.


Strawberry Spring Salad
Spring Greens, or Romaine Lettuce
8/9 large strawberries, diced
2 oz. Feta, crumbled(I love Trader Joe's LF Block style Feta)
Briannas Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
Shredded Chicken (optional)
Toss and enjoy! 

~To make it a meal add the shredded chicken and serve with lightly toasted bread rubbed with garlic and a little butter.
~Using the block style Feta makes a huge difference to us in how the salad tasted. 


*Update: In thinking about the conundrum of buying a new salad dressing and only really having one way to use it I decided to experiment a third time the following night. Here is how we altered the recipe above:
Apples, cubed
Craisins
Red Bell Peppers, cubed
Romaine Lettuce
Briannas Poppy Seed Salad Dressing 


Delicious and colorful! The only change I would make would be to use currants or raisins instead of the Craisins. Either way a great side salad. Enjoy!
Labels: , edit post
1 Response
  1. Tanya Says:

    One summer a few years ago I had so many fresh strawberries ripe all the time that a strawberry salad became a lunch staple for me. I love my strawberry salad with toasted slivered (or sliced) almonds as well! And I think a balsamic vinaigrette is amazing with the salad.


Post a Comment